Wednesday, October 05, 2005

What the Hell?

The news just pisses me off now. I used to love to sit down at night and see what was going on with the world. Now I feel the urge to throw things at the TV, is that normal? I am sick of seeing that Idiot "W" on TV, telling me things will get better...Cause they aren't. Gas is over $3/gallon here and half the stations don't have any gas to begin with. Also he is nominating a woman to the Supreme Court who has never been a judge, has no public record and is refusing to release any documents that may help. That is just the beginning. There is rumor of GA banning Gay Adoption. The legislation has not been introduced, but "the time is right" according to most experts. I need to move, I know, I hear it all the time, but how can anything change in good ole Georgia if all the gays and lesbians and people with heart and compassion leave the state to uber-Christian conservative republicans? Then my favorite story of today is that in Indiana, where BTW DD is from, there is a bill in the house that would ban anyone who is not in a heterosexual marriage from having any sort of fertility treatment. That means no lesbian could have insemination in Indy...That sucks. Maybe I am just menstrual and everything is getting under my skin, but really all I can say after looking at the news is WHAT THE HELL? I wonder if I throw a shoe at the TV if it will be covered under warranty?

2 Comments:

Blogger FRITZ said...

No, I understand, Shinola.
I got denied my unemployment benefits, and now I am looking uphill, going, "GOD I WANT TO MOVE SOMEWHERE REASONABLE!" But your point is dead on. If everyone leaves, what are we really doing for ourselves? We cannot run forever from this politicians. You SHOULD want to throw things at the T.V. You SHOULD be pissed off that arch-conservatives have the audacity to tell people who can raise children and who can't. We don't seem to be stopping unwed mothers from being parents, and God knows, they aren't the 'best' parenting influences out there. (Not all are bad, I'm just sayin', a great many). You HAVE To fight, and I HAVE to fight.
I'm coming to realize: we can't sit around on our asses anymore and bitch. We have to do something to protect ourselves. Otherwise, America would not be America.
What the Hell is going on? Life shouldn't have to be this hard, but it is, and we have to fight it.

2:05 PM  
Blogger *Monica said...

And this, ladies and gents, is why I do not watch the news.

I prefer the hide my head in the sand way of life.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from shanleedill. Make your own badge here.
free hit counters
Columbia House DVDs