Monday, October 24, 2005

Amusing Work Moments....

The New Company President

My first conversation with the new president of our newly formed company happened unexpectedly during an average day but a busy phone phone day.

A very important customer called and I informed my supervisor (as I am apt to do with delicate situations CYA!!), put the call on hold, grabbed my glass of sweet tea and followed her as she went to the front to get her boss. Once there wouldn't you know it, the president was in.

Fortuitouse! I had wanted to introduce myself! He decided to take the call AT MY DESK!!! I freaked out a little, but he seemed determined, and he followed me to the very back of the building (where they keep us miscreants) which is where my desk is.

I took a sip of tea on the way there and was so tense that I began choking on it! I tried to explain through gasps that this is not me normally (watching for lightning of course, because it is typical me). Between coughing fits I stole glances at him...He looked as if this was perfectly normal behavior. Good!! We'll get along just fine...


A Lunchtime Puzzle

Ok, I had no money at all for the coke machine. I had a tea bag.

We were out of normal sized coffee cups and only had tiny water cups about the size of shot glasses. My own coffee mug is lined on the inside with metal.

I was thirsty, there isn't a water cooler and the tap is crusty. I am sooo not just going to drink the water unless I boil it first!

So,..I put water in two of the shot glasses, zapped it to boiling, put the tea bag in the metal cup then dumped the now boiling water into it. Voala! Some sweetner and ice out of the freezer and I had sweet tea.

I recently came to the realization that there were regular coffee mugs under the microwave...Oh well, if I hadn't been sooo dehydrated I might've noticed.




2 Comments:

Blogger *Monica said...

Mighty clever of you though.

10:45 PM  
Blogger FRITZ said...

Ze, you crack me up. No, really. You crack me WAY up.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from shanleedill. Make your own badge here.
free hit counters
Columbia House DVDs