Sunday, October 23, 2005

I wish I was a baby dyke again

So DD cut my hair the other night...It is short! She took the time to show me how to style it, which when done looks like Sharon Stone. The problem is I can never get it to do that. No matter the product, or procedure. I am so inept at those girlie kind of things that it is sad. I spent to much time protesting and rebelling that I never learned what to do as far as makeup and hair. I had to be shown how to use moisturizer a few weeks ago ya'll...Isn't that sad? I am driving DD crazy. I now, for the first time in my life, recognize the need for things like moisturizer and hair products, but I am so bad with them, and so self conscious that I make DD show me time and again and ask her every five minutes, "is this right" or "how does it look now".

I miss the days when I could pull off a hat and flannel in the way only the cute little baby dykes can. I miss not caring about how I look and being cute at the same time. I miss not needing make-up. I miss the 5 years that I did not use hair products at all save for shampoo. I looked so much younger than I was I was able to pull it off longer than I should. But, those days are long gone.

Now, I use not one but two different types of hair product every morning. I use moisturizer before I put on my make-up, yes that is right make-up. Not much mind you, just something to hide the dark circles, and some mascara, oh and some eye liner because it makes my eyes stand out, and some eye shadow sometimes - a light color, yellow or pink, and now Ellen has added lipstick, pink with a tinge of coral.

What has happened to me.

All my old collared polo shirts are gone thanks to DD. I have only one flannel, well and two plaids that are just cotton, but Ze Queen has taken those (that I don't mind so much, it is hot to see you wife laying their in your shirt). DD has me shopping in the exclusively in the girls section again. I will admit, it looks good. In fact it looks better. I never was much of a boi, but I do miss trying to be one.

If I were to try now and not wear make up and wear my old baby dyke uniform (baggy jeans, Doc Martins, a wife beater, a sleeveless flannel and a ball cap) I would either scare people or just be called "sir" a lot. I know this because in a fit of nostalgia I tried one day. I don't look as cute and non-threatening anymore. People got out of my way quick.

DD has done a whole "straight eye for the seriously helpless queer girl" and says we are going for an academia look. I look now less like a line backer and more like a young professor at a small liberal arts college. It works, I will tell you what, it really works. I get checked out a lot more now, especially by the newest crop of baby dykes. It is actually a joke to see how many little girls I can make blush when we go out. Hopefully I can ride this out for another 7-10 years like I did the baby dyke look.

Maybe I miss the youth more than the style.


5 Comments:

Blogger *Monica said...

And where, young missy, are they pictures?

12:32 PM  
Blogger FRITZ said...

Monica: They don't have picture ability yet. WORK ON IT, SHINOLA!
Also: I happen to think you can pull off all the looks quite well, but am relieved to know that all collared polo shirts are OUTTA there.

No moisturizer? Holy...my skin would be a leather glove by now.

HINT TO GET MORE READERS:
Go to other peoples' blogs and read, comment.
Unless you don't care about popularity and just do it for yourselves.
Which is totally kosher, too.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Shinola said...

Monica, I will put up a picture. I just need to find one. Yes I do have the capablity Fritz, just usually not the time. But for ya'll I will make the time

5:54 PM  
Blogger Shinola said...

BTW, I loved my polo shirts! I miss them. I know you didn't like them, neither did DD, that is why they are gone. And yes I did look like I steped off the WPGA tour ever time I wore one.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Shinola said...

yeah, the moisturizer really does help, last year I had crunch skin. I did get a polo this year, when DD was not around, but it is allowed because it is a woman's and it is from Old Navy. It is a nice light blue, and it fits. She could not argue it.

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from shanleedill. Make your own badge here.
free hit counters
Columbia House DVDs